Saturday, September 12, 2009

kitty in puppy

[Night time. Is it night time? It is night time. Darkness is being dragged over our half of the world, just a skip ahead of the day. Schmutzie and Palinode in bed, he with a book, she with a laptop.]

Schmutzie: I want you to see this video of a cat taking a shower.

Palinode: Once more the internet has found its true purpose.

Schmutzie: Hold on while this puppy loads.

Palinode: I thought you said it was a cat.

Schmutzie: It is a cat.

Palinode: But then you claim that a puppy is loading.

Schmutzie: The cat is in the puppy.

Palinode: What, you mean that a puppy ate a cat? A cat that likes taking showers?

Schmutzie: No.

Palinode: Then an incision has been made in the puppy and the cat placed within? Or is this some weird interspecies sex thing you're going to make me look at?

Schmutzie: No, it's like... the cat isn't fed to the puppy, exactly. It's more like the cat is being inserted by a syringe into the puppy's anus.

Palinode: What? What the hell does that mean?

Schmutzie: You heard me.

[pause]

Palinode: That explanation is acceptable to me.

11 comments:

flutter said...

you are a brave man to question a wife trying to quit smoking. May the cat be with you.

Nat said...

That puppy sure looked like a kitty.

whymommy said...

There are very few people who would convince me to watch a video of a cat.

But @schmutzie's right. You two are funny.

Anonymous said...

This is so full of hilarity that I am kind of in shock right now. I had a huge bubble of laughter swelling in my brain, but for some reason it's just hanging out in there like a huge exclamation point.

Weird feeling. Hope it doesn't kill me. I'd hate it if my last thought was a cat being injected into a dog's ass.

Snotty McSnotterson said...

Hm. I'm new, but also kind of love you two.

Neil said...

That had to be the best cat video I have ever seen. It was incredibly intriguing the way the cat first stuck his head in, got used to the water, and then went for the full shower, just like we all do. I wonder what he was doing with his mouth? At first I though he was singing in the shower to the music in the background.

SUEB0B said...

I think the cat is drinking more than showering. It just seems he has a very odd way of getting water to his mouth. Made me laugh really hard.

Jen Wilson said...

That is one of THE funniest things I have EVER seen. Thank you for sharing it!

Twenty Four At Heart said...

Aren't you glad she shared? You must have the greatest marriage! : )

Sorry you couldn't be on my Tangible.TV interview the other night. We had a few glitches. Especially a really looooooong lag time!

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

The video is impossible not to watch all the way through.

2:56 of fresh clean water down the drain for a cat head bath. Jealous, third world? Yeah, I thought so.

palinode said...

I think they used up 1/3 of Lake Mead to make that video.