Thursday, June 03, 2004

it's LAXative

I'm in the International Departure Terminal at Los Angeles Airport. I've been here for hours. In a few hours from now, I'll still be here. I am fated to spend the rest of my life at LAX.

I recommend the Sushi Boy at the Tom Bradley International Terminal and discourage you from presenting customs agents with documents detailing the 300,000 dollars worth of equipment you're carting through their country. If you follow my advice, you'll be guaranteed a long peaceful life.

I'm entertaining myself with Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Holy crap, does it suck. How do people sit still and read this without jumping up and running off a cliff? If I weren't paying by the minute for internet access I'd quote all the risible passages, which so far is all of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

luva: you are all about the airport sushi, aren't you? the sushi you recommended in milwaukee was quite nice, by the way.

Elan Morgan said...

I hope you made it out of the LAX in one sane piece. Soon you will be trying to acclimatize to a sixteen-hour time difference. Your adventure continues...

Friday Films said...

Hi. I miss you already. Will you bring me back a kangaroo? Just a small one? Pocket is optional. Have a g'day and all that.

Anonymous said...

Paul: Those waiters-I know exactly what you mean. But what means ROCDW? Send a postcard!!!

palinode said...

ROCDW means Restaurant of the Obsessive-Compulsive Disordered Waiters. Thas' all.

Anonymous said...

trinity67 said - Huh. I also thought that book sucked. I still haven't finished it.